Calligram








My thought process while creating the New York Yankees logo was that I wanted it to be simple yet visually appealing. Using the pen tool is the most annoying part but once you get the hang of it, it gets much easier. The words acting as the image are all some of the greatest New York Yankee quotes of all time. Some, I have enjoyed hearing and reading about in newspapers, magazines and  Twitter. The most difficult part for me was inserting the text into the image. Getting the image drawn out is the easy part. It took me multiple attempts to get the text in the way I wanted it to look. Sometimes it would be too big or not on the right angle. It was fun to play around with it and get a creative though. There are so many possible routes people can go. I am excited to see everyone else's project!



Comments

  1. Max, I think it is super creative that you filled your caligram with significant Yankee quotes. I also like your choice of colors and the NY shape is very visible too! I think you did a good job with your overall theme of your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Max! I think your final product looks amazing, and I love the black shadows around the corners. I also struggled a little bit with getting the text in the image, but after some time we all were able to accomplish it. Very inspiring and special because you created something you are interested in. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max, I really liked how your project came out. It looks just like the NY Yankees symbol and I like your color choices. I also had some trouble with the pen tool and getting the text to fit the shape, but your final product came out really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Max, while I am not a huge Yankee's fan myself I think your work looks amazing. I like how you filled in the shape with meaningful quotes. The shading around the border really adds to your artwork. I also think the colors of the text it's self looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts